Sunday, April 19, 2009

And so it begins...

Blog, blog, blog... Hmmmm, I would say that 99% of our time is spent thinking about everything except blogging. I love the idea but who hasn't fallen in love with an idea and never seen it to fruition? Well I guess I am obligated to realize that lowly 1%. That jewel that persists in the back of my mind as "hey, Brett, you should get this done so you don't have to dink around with that facebook page anymore. No one ever reads it anyhow." So, here I am, blogging in the Schwarz Family journal.

So, enough with the rif-raf and on to our life.

Today we semi-finished our hop trellis. I say semi-finished due to my wanting and waiting for he hops to poke out of the ground so I can attach a cable for them to climb. I must confess that I am a residing member of our neighborhood ACC and I did not ask for approval to erect the structure. I am asking for forgiveness in light of forgetting to ask for permission for my project. "Hop" fully the fruits of our labor will grant us 4 varieties of hops to flavor some homebrew in the upcoming Oktoberfest.

We also finished our garden this weekend. Not much to it really, however the soil in south Boise isn't so much soil as a breeding ground for rocks and cleach. I have yet to dig a hole deeper than 2 inches without a digging bar and an awful lot of colorful metaphors. Yet we hope to harvest the first of many Schwarz crops this year. Myale seemed to show an added interest in the garden surmising that she would not only be the one who planted the seeds, but will also harvest and indulge in them as well. we can only hope.

Not to bore but we have finished SEVERAL other projects over the course of the past spring weekends including: installing a new storm door (beautiful selection Sara :), fertilizing, aerating, tweaking sprinklers, building and staining the arbor, fixing a weakening fence, blah, blah blah, blog, blog, blog...

Of interest. Devyn is walking about like a pro, Myale is reading like a pro. we could not be prouder of the little tykes. I am amazed and awed everyday by the blessing I have had bestowed upon me. WOW! Even our little Wonder-mutt "Bogie" is a great addition to our little family. I Finally have a boy that gives me piece of mind how lucky I am not to have one of the human variety. He is the pre-verbial pain in the tukus. Love him in spite of it though as I am sure Sara looks at the reasons she loves me.

Enough for now. Just a few notes to get started and will hopefully be following up soon. Which leads me to make one closing observation... don't say "just a minute" unless you really have it to spare.

Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment